April 4, 2020
Re: Weekly Update
We are excited to start rolling out Distant Learning. The teachers have been working hard and being creative with how best to support student learning.
During the week of April 6th to the 10th, pick up times for student packages and supplies will be on Tuesday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm – including over the lunch hour. The school door will be locked, parents will need to call the office and speak to Dawn and she or an E.A. will delivery student packages to the door.
Teachers will be sending you a schedule of online lesson times with their teacher.
I have a meeting with Chief and Council and will be asking for approval on supporting those families whose child(ren) rely on meal programs from the school and SPC Lending Agreement for computers and iPads to support student online learning at home.
However, those parents who requested support for meal program on the school survey will be receiving a grocery gift card and will be in the student packages.
Michele Woitzik has been keeping in contact with the counsellors to ensure students who are receiving counselling remain receiving counselling. Those students who need support and/or are anxious about COVID-19, parents can email Michele at MWoitzik@senpokchin.com to ask for support.
Michele has been posting on the SPC Facebook websites some activities parents can do with their children at home. Please join our Senpaq’cin facebook page to stay connected!
We do understand that this is a difficult time for all families. Please know that we are working hard to best support you during these unprecedented times.
Please read attachment on COVID-19 Policy and Best Practices Guidelines.
SPC Head of School
SenPokChin is now accepting Registrations
SenPokChin School is accepting registrations for the school year 2019/2020
Are you looking for an alternative to?
- Crowded Classrooms?
- Additional Fees for programs and bussing?
- Cuts in lunch programs?
Explore what we have to offer at SenPokChin Elementary School located in Oliver, British Columbia, Canada
- Certified class 2 BC Independent School
- Authorize International Baccalaureate World School – Primary Years Program
- Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Exceptional, BCCT certified and experienced teachers
- Education assistants in every classroom
- Small class sizes
- Speech Therapy
- Rich culture and Okanagan language program
- Full size gymnasium with regular PE instruction
- School garden—with active student involvement
- Daily breakfast and hot lunch program
- Access to quality afterschool care @ Right to Play After School Care
- Participants in the Provincial Agriculture in the Classroom program
- Individualized classroom instruction with special student supports Parent participation and involvement supported and encouraged.
Spaces are limited
For more information contact the school at (250) 498-2019