Way! Welcome to the 2019/2020 school year at Senpaq’cin School. I am excited to continue serving as the Head of School for Senpaq’cin and am looking forward to welcoming our new and returning students to this year. As many of you have already heard, our school has officially been authorized as an International Baccalaureate School Primary Years school. We are the first IB school in the Okanagan Valley and we are the first IB-PYP School to be on reserve in North America. This is a very proud moment for our school and community.
This letter is to provide you with some information regarding the first day of school and help make the transition back as smooth as possible:
- On the first day, Tuesday, Sept. 3, classes will be in session from 8:30-11:30am. Bob, the bus driver will do his regular run in the morning and will pick up students at 11:30 dismissal time. Starting Wednesday, Sept. 4, classes will be in session from 8:30-3:00.
- Afterschool Program: The school is working collaboratively with nk’mip daycare to try and provide seamless afterschool care for families who require additional services. Currently, there are gaps in the current coverage of services for the community in that the daycare is unable to provide care for the K5 students and this age group is also not eligible to attend the Right to Play Program until the age of 6. In order to provide coverage, the school will need to run this program as a fee for service to cover the cost of staffing and basic programming costs. If you require afterschool care, please contact the school so that we can move forward with building a quality afterschool program for the community.
- School fees will be collected at the office. If you live off the reserve, your fees for the year are $50.00 to cover basic school supplies.
- Monthly Calendar and Monthly lunch menu will be sent out the first week of September. See Dawn Baptiste for lunch payments at the office.
- Please look for more information in the coming weeks regarding dates and fees. The 2019-2020 Parent-Student Handbook will be updated shortly on our website.
I am looking forward to a great year at Senpaq’cin School.
Head of School.